How to Read Organic Chemistry for NEET UG
by Vikas Jangir
Date : 25-Jun-2020
Views : 1,233
Organic chemistry is a subject that needs devotion of time regularly. In organic chemistry you have to remember lots of reactions, so many compounds, and their chemical names, there are so many exceptions which also you have to remember
So revise again and again and again.
Before going ahead in organic we need to have a basic understanding of:
3. Effects(+/-l , +/- M)
4. Resonance effect
5.Acidic and basic order
7.Electrophilic and nucleophilic
8.Aromatic, Non-aromatic and anti-aromatic
How to study organic chemistry
- In organic chemistry, you have to remember a lot of stuff so do read and solve the question on your daily basis
- Firstly, go through your handwritten coaching notes and ncert very carefully and then solve the questions and revise.
- Make short notes: Make short notes of reactions and mechanisms. It’s easy to revise them.
- keep practicing: The only way to command organic chemistry is to PRACTICE & REVISE again and again
- Clear your all doubt: Never keeps any doubt in your mind, just clear them.
- Don’t underestimate NCERT, you should have to go through each and every line of ncert.
- Remember all named reactions: there are many named reactions and which are frequently being asked in various types of exams. Write down all named reactions and keep revising.
- Remember about all exceptions: there are so many exceptions and organic chemistry just remember them
- Practising previous years’ question papers: go through your previous year’s questions & solve them, then analyze the pattern that how questions are asked. Also, analyze your weak points and work accordingly to improving those topics
- Write down all important topic and then strategize accordingly
What to study for NEET 2020 –
Notes: Read your handwritten coaching notes to make the visual concept and understand the mechanism of a chemical reaction.
NCERT: Read ncert very carefully.
MTG Fingertips: it’s for practicing questions.
MS Chauhan or any suitable guide book: for practicing questions.
Question trends in NEET from ogranic chemistry portion –
In NEET EXAM chemistry comprises 45 questions so out of the 14 to 16 questions are normally being asked from the organic portion, So normally they are being asked in the following pattern
1 Question from Nomenclature
1 Question from Isomerism
1 Question from name reaction
1 Question from hydrocarbon
1-2 Questions from on acidic-basic concept, nucleophilic & electrophilic order, aromatic & non aromatic, stability order
3 to 5 Questions from from major chapter like Halogen & Alcohol, phenol, ether & Aldehyde, ketone carboxylic acid & Amines
3 to 4 Questions from from Polymer, biomolecules, chemistry in everyday life. these are normally ncert based question.